Thursday, April 18, 2019

A New Thimble

Hubby brought home a nice box from  the post office today.  I had ordered three different backing fabrics as well as a new thimble and the tracking system said they wouldn't arrive until Tuesday.  The fabric has been washed and is now in the dryer.  Tomorrow I will be able to load one of the fabrics onto Queenie and finish another of my tops.
I used the thimble while watching the news and I really like it.  It is open on the one side with two claws that can be adjusted to finger size.  The other side is dimpled  but the part I like is the little bend, like the letter 'L" that goes over the end of your fingernail (great for long nails) and also provids a place for maneuvering the needle.  I have already been able to do smaller stitches and more at a time.  It is made by Clover and is just called Open Sided Thimble if you would like to check it out.  I bought mine at Connecting Threads.
It poured here all day.  At one point the internet went out because the signal couldn't get through.  I am afraid some areas to the south of us are going to get flooding.
Happy Resurrection Day and Passover,
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment