Friday, December 21, 2018

The Reason for the Season

Thank you for your nice comments about Iggy.  I am not sure what I am going to do with him just yet.  Enjoy him for a while, I think.
I am making great progress on my January Island Batik project.  My quilts never seem to end up the way I visualize them at the start.  About half way through, I start changing things.  My favourite pattern is just starting with sewing a couple of pieces of fabric together and then adding more, perhaps do some cutting and resewing and then adding again.  No real vision of the end result.  I keep going until I like what I see.  However, because I make to sell and make to order, I rarely do my own thing.  I must give it a go again one of these days.  Perhaps I will set aside some of my IB scraps and do a small project between Christmas and New Year's.
Speaking of making to order, I just received another commission.  This will be a very special quilt for a very special young man.  The customer wants it for Christmas 2019 so I will have lots of time to do some extra bits and pieces.
Not sure if I will be posting again before Christmas, so I wish you all a very Merry Christmas.  Take some time in the midst of all the hustle to stop and remember why we are celebrating.
"For unto us a Son is born, unto us a Son is given."
Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. Have a blessed Christmas celebrating the birth of our Lord!!! And congratulations on a commission with proper lead time!!!

    ReplyDelete