Wednesday, December 5, 2018

A Day with the Grandchildren.

Reply to comment:  Brenda, I am sorry to hear about the loss of your dear dog.  They leave behind such a large hole in our heart, don't they?  I hope your memories and knowledge that you gave it a wonderful life helps your through the difficult days.

We got back from our trip to Toronto mid afternoon today.  We are both really tired but I have had to wash all the clothes we took because hubby saw a cockroach in our hotel room.  (He didn't tell me about it until we were driving home.  Smart move.) The luggage is out in the wood shed getting good and cold which, hopefully, will kill any unwelcome hitch hikers.  I will spray the insides before storing.  Ugh!

We had a lovely visit with the grandchildren.  Yesterday their parents took a day for themselves and we spent some lovely hours with them doing crafts, playing games and watching kids tv shows that I didn't know existed.  We drove to MacDonald's for lunch which is where our grandson wanted to go.  As the granddaughter had already been to her favourite place, that seemed fair.  Took a while to find one but find one we did.
It will be another year now before we see them again but Skype helps us keep in touch so we are thankful for that.  Tomorrow, it is time to start decorating the house and getting back to customer quilts.
Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. There is nothing in this world like our grandbabies, glad you enjoyed them...I am sure they had fun fun with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had that time with your grands!! Ugh, cockroaches...I didn't see one until I was 18 years old!!!

    ReplyDelete