Thursday, December 20, 2018

Iggy and SPAM

Whimsical and Wonky.jpg
Whimsical and Wonky!  Aren't they lovely words and don't they conjure up some interesting pictures?  Add some beautiful fabric into the mix and whatever you design is going to be a winner.  Our Island Batik Ambassador challenges usually have some specific instructions but for December, we could make it any size, use any of our IB fabrics and post any day in the month.
Time was a bit tight for me not just because of Christmas but also because I am trying to make a queen sized quilt for the January blog hop and it has to be posted by January 7th (stay tuned for draw prizes and more info.)
While pondering what I could make, I realized I had already completed (almost anyway) something.  I only needed a few finishing touches and I was done.

Iggy was made from 2.5 inch squares sewn together to make a large rectangle.  The pattern sections were placed onto the rectangle, cut out and sewn.  I left an opening in the tummy to add stuffing.  After the opening was stitched closed, I added the flower, a tail and eyes.  The eyes which are hidden under the ear in the photo, was drawn in with a fabric pen so, if given to a child, it would be safe

Less than a week now until Christmas and 18 days until the 7th of January.  Back to the sewing machine, I go.
I am glad so many of you liked the dishwasher powder hints.  I also got some SPAM comments which I have deleted.  If you have trouble commenting, let me know as settings may have changed automatically.
Blessings,

3 comments:

  1. Awww, I love Iggy!! So cute! And, since my favorite team mascot is an elephant, he is especially adorable to me! LOL (Roll Tide!!) Merry Christmas to you and your family, Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iggy is adorable!! I love that you made the piece of fabric he was cut from!! Have a blessed Christmas with those you hold dear.

    ReplyDelete