Friday, December 14, 2018

Followers

I see my blog has a new follower.  I really appreciate those do sign up as I know everyone is so busy and even taking just a few moments to read something is another addition to the days list of activities.  When I do my draws, followers do get extra points and, therefore, more chances to win.
I have been really lax in posting this week.  the trip to and from the North Bay hospital, even though it is only a 100 km away,  really wore me out.  The weather was a bit iffy going and then it was dark by the time we came back so it was difficult to see the road lines under the slush.
I haven't done much the past couple of day other than what had to be done.  That still meant meetings, appointments and the usual house stuff.  Today, I finally got to my baking.  I am only doing 2 or 3 things.  We are going away for Christmas Day so I don't have to plan a big meal although we are going to do something special between then and New Year's.  I am hoping to get to my brother's for the first day of the New Year.  He only lives an hour away but it seems to be next to impossible to find a workable day.
If you belong to any of my groups, you will already have seen this but it is too good not to share.  A lady in one group posted these hints for using dishwasher powder for other cleaning purposes.  I tried it on the glass in my oven door earlier today and it worked like a dream.
Blessings



 Dry dishwasher powder is my go-to, and just about only, cleaning product I use around the house. A tiny bit in that cruddy pan dissolved in hot water and soaked for awhile or just used with a scrubby pad will do the trick.

I use dishwasher powder for everything that needs a cleaning, degreasing or dissolving action, including bras and undershirts (deodorant residue, body oils), gardening gloves (earth, grime), plastic lawn furniture (scuffs, grime), bathtub, tile, shower surrounds (soap scum), walls, appliances...you get the idea! It works for everything! You will know by the toughness of the task how much to use. And no job takes very much product to be effective. This is a powerhouse of a product! Dollar store generic brands work as well as the name brands, but I always look for "no phosphates".

Would you believe I have used dishwasher powder as a low-sudsing, deep-cleaning laundry powder for years? Just two level tablespoons per load - whites, darks, colors, of whatever material. Three tablespoons if a really big load, and perhaps a bit of baking soda, first dissolving separately in some of the hot water, and then adding to the wash water before putting in the laundry. My whites, even the oldest, are white, and everything is fragrance-free, even if I use a powder with lemon scent. Be sure to dissolve the powder completely if you choose a cold water cycle
.


2 comments:

  1. Great tip!! I hope the weather cooperates for your travels this Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an amazing tip. I might have gotten desperate and tried cleaning with powdered dish washer soap but I never would have thought to use it in the washer. I don't have a dishwasher so I'll have to pick some up next time I'm at the dollar store.

    ReplyDelete