Thursday, August 16, 2018

We Have Babies

The babies are born-three of them anyway.  The lady who owns the chicken that is the surrogate parent to our hens eggs (that sounds really confusing) called today to let us know half the eggs have hatched.  We are so excited.  She also mentioned that another of her hen's also seems to be going broody.  This often happens.  If one does, the others join in.  This is a new adventure for both us and our friends so we will see where it goes.  In the meantime, the bantam that we bought purposely for this purpose is still bouncing around inside its coop!
I got the top finished and off the frame today so now will get the binding on.  I also have to start working on my fall fair entries.  The fair is on the Labor Day weekend so I have a bit of time.  Most of the entries are quilts and they are already done so it is just a few other odds and ends.  I usually don't get at it until the week of so I am in good time this year.
We will be visiting our new addition on Sunday and if it doesn't bother the mother, I will take a photo.
Blessings,


No comments:

Post a Comment