Thursday, August 23, 2018

Fall Fair Time

Now that the weather is starting to return to normal, it is a good time to start my pickles and jam for the year.  I got the chili sauce into jars and made some strawberry jam today.  This is only a tiny bit of what I hope to get done.  More jam, another batch of chili sauce, green tomato relish and pickled beets are all on the agenda but, for now, I am focusing on the upcoming Fall fair.
I have sent in my list of entries and now I have to get them made.  I started one of the crafts and cut up the fabric for a placemat set.  I am also planning on submitting a jar of my chili sauce.  There is something special about wining a prize in a food entry.  I used to do well with my bread but since I discovered my gluten sensitivity, I don't make it anymore.
I try to add one more item each year although my biggest focus is quilting and sewing.  I can resubmit items from the year before (twice is allowed) but I like to do something different each time.
When everything is done, I will share a photo.  Will also be posting a photo of the quilt I just finished.
I have had a request for my chili sauce recipe.  I will post that tomorrow.  QuiltE mentioned that she has 4 crockpots.  Now there is a woman that likes to cook.  I would like to get a smaller one but haven't done it yet.
Do you enter anything in your local fairs?
Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. ha! I sure had you fooled. :)

    Actually I don't see the crockpots as me liking to cook, but a sly way for me to eat well, and avoid cooking (in the traditional sense!!! Bon Appetit, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love your green tomato relish recipe!! Thanks! I hope you do well at the fall fair!

    ReplyDelete