Monday, August 27, 2018

More Green Tomato Recipes.

It has been a busy and tiring day.  My friend, Lilliana arrived from Edmonton after a few airport problems.  The connection from Toronto to the airport just north of us was missed because her flight was late.  Of course, we didn't know and had made the hour and a bit drive.  We were quite concerned when she wasn't there and really didn't know what was best to do.  In the end, we drove back home and I called her (no, I wasn't smart enough to take the number with me) and found out what happened.  She was able to get another flight a few hours later so back we went and all was well.  She is now settled in and resting.  I am looking forward to showing her our beautiful area and introducing her to some of my friends.
I am continuing to work away feverishly on my fair entries and will be posting photos of them shortly.  In the meantime, I got this dress at a second hand store and found that it fit Ms. Bear perfectly.

Chili Sauce and Strawberry Jam.

Green Tomato Recipes.

If you have still more green tomatoes, I also have a recipe for green tomato mincemeat and green tomato jam.  I haven't made the last one but the mincemeat turned out all right.  Easier to just buy a jar of the regular stuff though.

I hope you are continuing to follow the Island Batik blog hop posts.  A lovely charm pack was one of the prizes today and it is open to international entries.  Check it out.

Blessings,

1 comment: