Friday, August 24, 2018

Quilts and Recipes

I have a lot of photos to share plus a recipe.  Brenda has asked for my green tomato relish recipe so I will post that next week.
The first photo is my latest quilt.  It is actually a table cover for a customer and is, of course, made with Island Batik.  I have included a photo of the back and a close up of my freehand quilting  This squares and triangle pattern was from one of the video's that my friend Deb made.





Here is my recipe for chili sauce.  It is from the Purity Flour Cook Book.  I have just taken a photo of the page so I hope you can see it.  I substitute at least a pound of green tomatoes for the red. You can also use the minis and/or yellow kind.  Chop or cut the green into small pieces (approx. 1" cubes) before adding as they take longer to cook.  
Although the recipe says to boil for two hours to thicken, I let it cook much longer as it was in the crockpot.  Just stir and check periodically until it gets to the consistency you want.  
Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. This recipe sounds great. Thanks for sharing! Looking forward next week to the relish recipe too!

    ReplyDelete