Thursday, June 7, 2018

Election Day

It is election day in Ontario.  The weeks of campaigning are over and now the voters are having their say.  There is one group of people that often get overlooked that have a very important part in ensuring that we are able to voice our opinions by marking a ballot.
This group of workers are those that you see (as well as those involved in counting the ballots) when you go to the voting station.  They are the ones who will help you get  to the right area, give you information on what is expected and get you registered. It is their responsibility to make sure everything is done correctly.  It is a lot of responsibility and I know they take it seriously.  I hope you remembered to express your thanks to, at least, one of these folk before you left the room.

After we voted, hubby and I picked up some top soil for the new flower garden I want.  I have ideas, he carries them out.  Aren't I a lucky woman?  It will be basic this year but I hope it will eventually turn out to be like an English garden.

I have been in a dressmaking mood lately and am just finishing another top.  Tomorrow, I hope to get back to quilting.  I have a pattern that has been floating around in my head (nice to have something there!) and I would like to see how it works out on paper.
Blessings,





No comments:

Post a Comment