Monday, June 25, 2018

Are Patterns Really Expensive?

Have you ever complained about the price of patterns?  They do seem high when it appears are the only expense is bit of paper but the reality is that designing a pattern takes a lot of work and money.
The following link will take you to a cleverly written blog which explains just what those few sheets of paper really cost.  You will never be tempted to complain again.


https://patternsbyjen.blogspot.com/2018/06/pattern-design-real-cost.html?showComment=1529677573158#c5211448806913749344

We have been really enjoying our deck.  I can't sit outside to long as I don't really like the heat and I get fidgety not doing anything but I am getting a great deal of pleasure from those few minutes here and there.  There is still work to be done but we are getting there.
I will be posting a picture of two later this week.
Tomorrow, I get to spend the day quilting.  I haven't been able to do that in a long time.
Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. Tried to go ,to the link but unfortunately it wanted me to subscribe to her blog. Perhaps it was my device that wasn’t working properly. I know when I teach it may seem like my day is just my time so why ask so much $ for “just a one day, or even an hour” class. But it’s all the prep that goes beforehand that we want to get compensated for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure why that happened as I was able to go directly to it. I agree with you that people done always take into account the preparation and yet no one thinks a cake just magically appears. Some one has spent time making everything but the work of artists is rarely ever fully appreciated.

      Delete