Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Moving Forward

It is marginally less hectic at our house.  I did get to quilt group for a few hours yesterday but had to get home before the dog needed to go out.  I cut some of the squares I will need for my granddaughter's quilt.  Today I put the sections together to make the first block.  There is no rush on getting this done so I have put aside for now and started working on the Block of the Day again.  I was almost at the point of giving up but one of the ladies in our local quilt group is further behind that I am and she is plugging away so I decided to continue.
One of the men from church came over today and carried two large containers of water out for the chickens so I only have to bale it out.  He also brought in some wood which is another big help.  Another of the men made a base for the big easy chair so my husband can use it now instead of an uncomfortable lawn chair and still have is leg at the correct angle.
We are off to the surgeon on Thurs. and he hopes he will get the go ahead to just use a cane rather than the walker. He is doing quite well and has started getting some of his own meals provided I have what is needed on the top shelf of the fridge.
Our temperatures are gradually heating up.  I really need to get some tomato seedlings started.  Better put that on my to-do list.
Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. It must be terribly frustrating for your hubby to be grounded. My friend has postponed having her knees replaced until the weather starts turning to winter again.
    I started a quilt for my nephew and his fiancee for their wedding, then she posted a photo of another quilt someone made for them. Back to the drawing board. Any quilt I made would never measure up to that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure your quilt would have been equally as beautiful, Karen. We do tend to judge ourselves too strictly, I think.

      Delete