Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Fabric Choices.


I started working on my second quilt commission today and then decided I didn't like one of the fabrics.  It is too bright a colour for the rest of the fabrics. I am off to town to shop tomorrow so will stop at the quilt store.  Getting the right fabric is one of the hardest parts of quilting made even more difficult when you live in a rural area.
Husband and I just came back in from getting some fresh air and taking the dog for a walk.  Actually, it was me getting the fresh air as he has already been out doing wood and the dog has been conversing with the neighbour canines a few times.  It is hard to settle on anything indoors, although I did make bread today, because you feel as though you should be outside doing something. A walk does help stave off cabin fever. I keep looking down toward the pond at the back of the bush and wish I could get down there.  Soon, I hope.
I booked my room at the hotel where I am going for a quilt retreat in April.  I am really looking forward to this.  It is my yearly treat.  I will be making a list of items to buy at Len's which, for those of you who don't live in Ontario, is a discount place that sells just about everything including quilt fabric and notions.
Last time I was there I got a small, hand held vacuum cleaner which was wonderful for the sewing machines as well as the computer.
To those of you who live in the Maritimes and are enduring the latest snow bomb; stay indoors and safe. 
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment