Thursday, July 4, 2024

Gardening.

Today may be the only  one rain free for a few days so I got outside and did some weeding and trimming.  It isn't possible to see any improvement but I know I have done something.  We should get a good crop of veggies and wild berries this year so I will be canning, freezing and making jam come fall.  Often I get together with a couple of friends and we pool our efforts.  It is a fun way to fill the freezer and pantry shelves.

I need to move some of the spring flowers.  Does anyone know whether I can do this-carefully-before the stems die down?  If not, I will have to mark where they are so I can find them in the fall.



I wrote all this earlier and then the internet went down unexpectedly and everything disappeared.  Annoying.  It is now after lunch and I am working in the studio.  I thought everything was a real mess again but was pleased to note that previous organizing efforts have left its mark.  I am going through all my fabric and taking photos so I will remember what I have.  I am also being ruthless and getting rid of material I don't like.  I don't expect I will wake up one morning with an inspired use for fabric that feels like cardboard and is a wonderful pattern of  browny orange with pink snakes.!!

One other project I have on the back burner is to look into the particulars of ecommerce.  I need to talk to someone who is already doing this so I don't get led down a muddy slope.

Happy Independence Day to all our American friends.  We see your licence plates at the grocery store, main street and the pub.  Glad you are getting some sunshine.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment