Saturday, July 6, 2024

Break Time

Time for a break.  I have been sorting fabric for nearly 2 hours and, except for a few moments when I contemplated throwing it all in a fire, I am making headway.  Fabric, as you know, once it arrives in your home, immediately molds itself into various shapes and sizes.  Combine that with theme fabrics, minky, solids, seasonal, panels, and flannel (to name just a few) and the beckoning housework becomes a siren song.  The photo shows how I have been folding the fabric ready to go on the shelves.  I will be printing these pictures for future reference. I still have a large spool of elastic from my face masking making days and I am using it to keep the bundles in place.



I have managed to get all the baby panels into one area as well as some baby themed fabric. Larger amounts of material are folded and placed on two shelves.  I am now working on all those smaller bits and pieces.  Some are set aside to cut into charms, others have been folded and packed vertically in a clear plastic bin.  The cutting table is still piled high so a fire could be a possibility yet.

My computer tells me that we will have heavy rain soon.  I am not sure how long 'soon' is but it doesn't really matter.  I didn't risk hanging the laundry out and everything else can wait.

Hope you are enjoying your day.  In the midst of all my faux grumbling, I am aware that I am very blessed,

blessings to you,

No comments:

Post a Comment