Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Winter's Arrival.

 I think winter is officially here.  It started snowing yesterday and it is still on the ground today.  I have most of my winter clothes unpacked and the summer taking their place in the huge suitcase.  I still have the cedar chest to do but it is mostly coats. A couple of families from church came and finished getting our wood stacked and our home is now bright and warm from the glow of our wood stove.



Hubby is doing so well with his recuperating knee that I can pretty much get back to my own schedule.  I have finished the one memory quilt top and will be getting that on the frame.  (photo later).  I have another top almost finished that I started before the customer order.  It will be going to an ex serviceman.  Then I can start the other memory quilt. 

I am in the very beginning stages of organizing a quilt retreat for the Burk's Falls Village Quilters.  I haven't been to a retreat in quite a number of years and the best way to ensure it will have everything you want is to do it yourself.  When I belonged to a Canadian quilting on line group, the leader held a retreat every year.  They were so much fun.  Eventually, it got to be too far for me to travel so I quit going.  I did miss it though.

Christmas sewing is in the back of my mind so I am going to have to start seriously thinking about that as I have a sale the end of this month.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment