Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Change in the Weather

 Our weather has taken a down turn.  We have gone from sunny and mild to rainy and cool.  I did manage to get my garden finished, well, almost, and we have church friends coming on Saturday to split and pile out firewood.  Hubby is recovering really quick from his knee replacement and the only thing he can't do now is drive.  It seems that driving involves a different set of muscles and his leg isn't up to that yet.

I have finally completed the top of one of the memory quilts and just have to add the border.  the next one should go quicker as it is a simpler pattern and I won't have extra work to look after.

Another of our dear quilting friends died a few days ago.  It wasn't unexpected as she had been ill for a while.  Difficult for the family though as her husband passed away less than a year ago.  Many of her friends didn't believe she would be a widow very long.  She and her husband were especially close and it was hard to imagine one without the other.  The service is tomorrow.  It will be one of rejoicing as we celebrate our loved ones going 'home' but also of sadness as she was such a wonderful woman.

I managed to get most of my gardening done before the cooler weather arrived.  I wanted to transplant some tulip bulbs but I can't locate them.  Will have to put markers in when they come up next year.

I am going to have to start on making things for Christmas sales soon.  Always something on radar.

blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment