Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Back to Routine

The Fall Fair is over, our area tourists have returned home and life is back to routine.  I didn't do as well at the fair this year as I didn't make much of an effort.  I had a number of things already made so I entered them.  I have some ideas for next year so will write them down and, hopefully get at them before the due date.

We had a lovely time with both our grandchildren and now they are back in school.  We called them last night to see how the first day went.  Our 15 year old granddaughter said she felt so old because she is now in grade 10.  It is a millstone for her but I admit that hubby and I smiled to ourselves.

We are getting August weather now so it is very warm.  I have picked the beets in the garden and want to get them pickled but will wait for a couple of days until it cools.  The high bush cranberries also need picking and freezing. 

There isn't anything new on the quilting front.  I am still working on the two memory quilts and the top from my customers.  I keep thinking I need to update my social media but I already have more work than I can handle so it might be better to wait.

My heart goes out to all those in Canada who have lost their homes to the forest fires.  How dreadful to know that some of them were deliberately set.  On a happier note, we got apples from our tree for the first time in since we planted it 15 years ago.  They are slightly tart so will be great for baking.

blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment