Thursday, September 7, 2023

I Must Have my Tea

 What do you do when your hydro goes out and you don't have a generator?  We had a thunderstorm yesterday and while it was noisy, I didn't think it was severe.  However, our hydro went out.  I have books stored on one tablet so I got that out only to discover it was almost out of charge.  Second choice was card games off line which I did until it was time for bed.

Hydro was still off in the morning and we heard that it was scheduled to be restored at 4 p.m.  I did what housework I could and then sorted fabric.  That kept me busy until the the lights came back on.

We always buy a gas powered stove for cooking so if/when the power goes out, we can still light the elements with a match.  This means I can have my tea and when Anna has her tea everything is right with the world.

Our temperatures have dropped from above 30oC to 20 so it is much nicer for working.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment