Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Waiting

Here I am spending my day waiting for a phone call that hubby is coming home.  He had knee replacement surgery on Monday and it went well.  He is now learning to walk and go upstairs and then he can come back to the nest.  I am now the sole caregiver of the chickens, dog and cat.  

I have been getting some things done that otherwise might have been put in the 'procrastinate' drawer but I can't get outside to do the garden in case the phone rings.  However, we are only the late middle of September so there is lots of time for that-unless of course, it snows!

Last night was interesting.  I was a little later than usual going to bed as I watched the Blue Jays win their game and it took me a bit to settle down.  I was woken around 2.00 by the cat loudly declaring that she had caught a mouse and I needed to dispose of it.  Ally has a special meow when she catches a mouse so we always know what it is.  At 6.00 Heidi woke me up as she wanted out and when I had gone back to sleep, the phone rang at 7.45 with someone wanting to know how hubby was doing?  Don't people sleep in anymore or assume that a retired person might be?

In between the usual chores, I have been working on my memory quilt.  I think I will also finish a friends knitted tea cosy.  The evenings have been cool enough to light the wood stove.  Our maple trees are looking nicer every day.  The drive to the hospital where hubby is is very scenic with a lot of lakes.  Ontario is a beautiful Province.

Blessings, 

No comments:

Post a Comment