Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Chicks and Appointments

I have my last eye appointment today.  This one is to get fitted for glasses.  I can't wait.  I have been using 'cheater' glasses and they have been fine for reading, looking at the computer etc but I have to take them off for everything else including watching tv.  Of course, even though I have a number of pairs, they are always somewhere other than where I need them.  I tied a ribbon to one set so I can hang them around my neck and that helps when I am watching television and hand quilting.

As I am looking forward to the end of my eye care, hubby is getting ready for his knee replacement.  Appointments, phone calls and more appointments are taking over the time previously used for my eyes.  I am glad we are getting the knee replacement done as he is in so much pain.  In the time we have outside all that, I have been getting some quilting done (mostly for customers) meeting writing deadlines and doing the normal everyday stuff.

We have had a couple of blessed events and now have two little baby chicks that were hatched by one of our banty hens  The eggs were from one of the full size birds so momma banty is going to have her feathered hands full.  We are really pleased to get these additions to our flock as it is much cheaper than buying more birds and, of course, we have the fun of watching them grow.


                                                       One of the chicks and mom
                                            Some of the flock.  Isn't the rooster magnificent?

Our fall fair is this Monday so have been working on my entries. I am not doing as many this year but do have a few things.  I will post them next week.
Blessings, 



No comments:

Post a Comment