Friday, September 24, 2021

Sad Event

 It has been a very busy week and, on top of the appointments, our hydro was out twice.  We had our newly renovated generator delivered today and hubby is building a stand with wheels for it so we can get it into place easily.  I have never wanted a generator previously but find that, as I get older, I am getting less tolerant of coping with no running water and worrying about everything in the freezer's going bad.

We are continuing to get rain every day although it did stop long enough today for Heidi and I to go for a bit of a walk through the bush.  I decided to take a different path today and it was interesting watching Heidi pick the route.  As she is so little, the path she picks is always easy for me to use as well but just to make sure I am okay, she pauses periodically to look back at me.  It is almost as though she is saying 'is this path okay for you?'

The grandchildren had a sad event today.  The family had a mixed breed dog named Brandy who was  much loved,  She had been diagnosed with cancer earlier and today had to be put to sleep.  Devastating for the children but hard for the adults as well.  A lot of people on Facebook knew Brandy as her exploits were often shared by one of her owners.  She will be greatly missed.

I didn't get much quilting done this week but did spend a bit of time today working on the blocks I started the previous week.  I promised this lap quilt to someone for the winter and it is getting cool enough now that I better get at it.

Happy autumn,

blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment