Thursday, September 16, 2021

Apple Bounty

We had a tornado warning Tuesday night so I spent a lot of time looking out the window and checking the clouds.  We can't see a lot of the sky because of all the trees but I figured that as long I could see some of it we would get a warning if everything went really dark.  Fortunately, we just got a nasty lightning and heavy rain storm.  The hydro didn't even go out.
The rest of the week has been great and tomorrow we are going out on a friends pontoon boat.  It is supposed to be in the high twenties so it should be a nice day.
I finished cleaning the studio today.  I got rid of a lot of bits and pieces that I wasn't ever going to use and put them in a bag for a friend who loves odd bits of scraps.  This is the stack of nine inch squares that I have ready to use.  There are over 30 so that should make a nice sized quilt.

This pile of 2.5 inch strips have been set aside to teach my granddaughter how to do a jelly roll quilt so she will have something to take home after her holiday here.
After I had everything done, I took a last look at the totes piled against one wall and saw one I didn't recognize.  It was full of scraps!  I couldn't face doing anymore sorting so it can wait until later.  Saturday I am going to be making crabapple jelly and pickled crabapples from the bounty my sister-in-law brought.
Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. I am like your friend - I like bits of scraps. My friends at Hospice call me the scrap lady. When someone cuts out a comfort bear, I get the scraps. But, I am getting overwhelmed. I need to get busy and start working on another scrap quilt. Our sewing group was able to meet on Sept. 8 for the first time since March 2020 but later in the week, we got an e-mail letting us know we are shut down again.

    ReplyDelete