Thursday, September 9, 2021

Getting Motivated


 I don't seem to be able to get myself motivated today.  I have done a bit more fabric sorting and cutting scraps into useful sizes but am really not into it.  I would much rather just lay down and sleep. Nothing is stopping me from doing that but I don't think it is a good idea to waste a whole day. Perhaps I need to set myself a goal.  Do ten more fabrics and then see how I feel.

I wrote that this morning and took my own advice.  After I did the 10 fabrics, I kept going and did get quite a bit done before stopping and taking the dog for a walk.  I am cutting a lot of nine inch squares as that seems the be the largest size I can get from the majority of scraps.  I am going to use them  for a pattern called Chop and Sew.  It is an old one designed by From the Nest Designs.  They don't seem to be in business anymore as I tried to find the link to share with you.

This is a great pattern to use up odd bits and pieces to make charity quilts.  The pattern calls for 15 inch squares but, as I said, my scraps aren't that large.  I will just do 20 squares instead of 12. I made it once before quite a few years ago.  A photo is at the end of this post.

Hubby and I have been watching the Blue Jay baseball games and are pleased with how our favourite team is doing.  It would be great to see them get the pennant this year.

Blessings



No comments:

Post a Comment