Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Baked Bean Bread

 I have been working on Christmas gifts the past few days.  These aren't for next year but rather for the season past.  Every year, some quilting friends and I get together for lunch, some laughs and to exchange gifts.  This past Christmas we postponed our exchange because of the virus and other ongoing concerns.  Of course, knowing I had lots of time meant I didn't do anything despite already had made a note of what I wanted to make.  I should be finished this week and then we can decide when and where we can safely meet.

I have been giving my new stove a good work out.  This Saturday, I made a couple of dozen pumpkin muffins and two loaves of baked bean bread.  The latter was from a friend and I viewed it with some skepticism.  Using unusual ingredients has become popular lately.  I make tomato jam and chickpea muffins among other things.  I was surprised at how tasting the bread was.  The recipe said it was make three loaves but I only got two as gluten free flour is less dense.  I also made a couple of other changes including reducing the sugar.

Nice and yummy.

Blessings,


1 comment:

  1. The bread sounds interesting. The most unusual food I have had is black bean brownies. Someone else made them and I was surprised at how good they were.

    Knowing that I had extra time, I would have been slow finishing my Christmas projects too. The way things have been going, you might be finishing early for next Christmas. Let's hope you can get together before that.

    ReplyDelete