Monday, February 8, 2021

Shopping Changes.

 Those of you who live in Central Ontario will have experienced a nasty snow storm this past weekend.  We had an accumulation of about a foot and a half of fresh snow which arrived with white out conditions.  I was glad we didn't have to go anywhere.  I did have a medical appointment on Sunday but cancelled it as I wasn't feeling well.  That, given the weather turned out to be a blessing.  We still have some shovelling to do but, thanks to our regular plow guy and a neighbour who cleared a path to the chicken coup, we are in good shape.

We had to do some shopping today and when we got to the store, I noticed some new changes.  The one store everyone waited in on long line for their turn at a checkout.  I almost left but an employee told me that it was moving quickly.  And it was.  The second store had a different change.  I always take my own bags to it as it has the proper counter space and I get my husband to join me so he can pack.  That way it doesn't take a lot of time and hold up other customers.  This time we weren't allowed to put our bags on the counter and the clerk suggested hubby get a second cart so he could keep the bags there for loading.  

A minor inconvenience but another step toward keeping everyone safe.

I was really pleased to hear a lady that had followed me into the store thanking all the staff.  We need to remember to do that.  They are bearing the brunt of everyone's frustration and worry.  A few words of thanks can make all the difference to them,

Blessings,


No comments:

Post a Comment