Monday, February 15, 2021

Happy Family Day

 After a few days of very cold weather, it  warmed up a bit and then snowed.  After a slow start, we are getting a 'real' winter.

Hubby had a bit of a mishap today.  He was at a friends picking up some donated wood, caught his foot in the toboggan rope and had a bad fall.  Unfortunately, he landed on the same hip where he had replacement surgery a few years ago.  It doesn't appear that he did any long term damage but he is going to have a nice bruise.  He usually makes supper on Monday but I took over which was fair as he had to do the same for me on Friday.  I took Heidi to the vet for her shots that morning and, as usual, she had a reaction.  I got her up on the couch with me and cuddled under a quilt until early evening when she seemed to feel better.

When I was returning from the vet, I stopped into our art centre where a friend had left me some quilts.  One of them is a beautiful pieced lone star.  I will have to take a photo of it.  It is also hand quilted.  There was another smaller finished quilt and some tops so there isn't any danger of running out of things to do.  These will be completed and donated to a local women's shelter.

This photo is a hanging I did a number of years ago.  The birds are printed blocks  and I added a border and sashing of 1 inch squares.  The second border is also an inch wide and the last one is four inches.  As you can see, I have it handing on a door.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment