Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Quilt Finished

 Thank you for all the wonderful comments on my quilt.  I finished the top today and will start the binding this evening as I watch TV.  I had a bit of a set back when I discovered a couple of folds in the backing.  It is unusual for that to happen when quilting on a frame but, obviously not impossible.  I took most of yesterday to get it unpicked, straightened and reloaded.  Everything went well today and I was finished fairly quickly.  You have requested a photo of the quilting and I will do that.  Thank you for asking.

I also sent off another package for the grandchildren and a quilt that a friend did for another friends, friend.  Clear as mud?! LOL.  I prepare my parcels for shipping at home so they just have to be dropped in the mail box.  Quicker and no standing in line ups.  If you haven't tried ship in a click through Canada Post, I would recommend it.

I am doing self binding (bringing the backing to the front, fold and stitch in place) as is quicker and, I think, gives a retro look.  I also think it wears better.

I am thinking of having giving you all a little downloadable gift for Christmas so don't forget to keep reading.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment