Friday, June 12, 2020

Web Site Woes

Normally, by this time of day, we would have had supper and be cleaning up and waiting for the news to start.  Today, however, the casserole is still staying warm in the toaster oven while my husband and a neighbour move our new storage shed into place.  I didn't realize it was so big.  It could, quite easily be a guest cabin.  Our neighbour, who made the shed, is shifting it inch by inch to the place where my hubby wants it.  I was watching them for a bit and found the whole process both fascinating and scaring.  I always admire how someone can use a piece of machinery to do such delicate work.  At the same time, I find it scary as I am sure everything is going to crash and crush someone to death.
I am not sure what we are going to use all that space for but part of it is to be my garden shed so I can have all my tools, lawn ornaments and furniture in one place.
I am still making masks and my latest order has come from Toronto.  Her order will be finished and sent off first thing next week.  I am hoping to then be able to work on the quilt that has been on the frame for ages.  I did finish up the web site I was working on.  A bit of tweaking to do but the majority is finished.  It is hard working on anything that involves the internet as the overload of usage makes everything unreliable.  If you would like to take a look at the site, it is bfacc.org.
I found out today how frustrating it is when a site doesn't work properly.  A new restaurant opened up in our community and I checked out their web site to see what they were serving and where they were.  The location map was dreadful.  It didn't even show the street the business was on and that is the main street of the village.  The contact button didn't work and a drop down message stayed down and covered some of the information.  I called the company and let them know about the problems and I hope they are going to be able to fix it.  Not a good start for them.
Hope you are all staying well,
Blessings,


No comments:

Post a Comment