Tuesday, June 16, 2020

A Skunk Parade

I have had a very busy couple of days.  Yesterday, hubby and I went to visit his mother with stops to drop off my Janome for servicing, pick up some Canadian fabric at a nearby store and grab a few groceries.  We had a lovely visit with family, was treated to supper (yay no cooking when we got home) before heading back home.  It was nearly 8 when we got back so it was nice to just collapse after we got the groceries put away.
Today was catch up on house work and sew.  I had an order from a lady in Toronto for 10 masks plus another 20  for the two stores I supply.  I already had the customer's finished and packaged to go so made the day a bit less hectic.
I did take time off for go for a walk.  The weather has been lovely-warm and sunny but not too hot so it is a pleasure to be out.  Tomorrow I hope to be able to do a bit of weeding after delivering the mask.   My veggies are coming up well so hoping for a good crop for the winter.
We saw the sweetest sight last night just before we got home.  Hubby was driving and he started slowing down while saying 'I think there are a pair of skunks on the road ahead"  As we got closer, we noticed that it wasn't two adults but a momma skunk and at least 5 little ones following in single file behind her.  The were right on the edge of the road , facing the correct way, and just minding their own business.  A lovely sight and hopefully they weren't making for our chicken coop.
Blessings,
This family isn't as orderly as the one we saw but still cute with their little tails in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment