Thursday, June 25, 2020

Land of Many Lakes

I had a productive day.  After getting my much appreciated hair cut and then going to another community to pick up my serviced sewing machine, hubby and I bought a take out lunch which we shared with the dog.  Rather than returning home by way of the highway, we took a more rural route and enjoyed going through the villages, seeing the lakes, rock formations and forests.  (Did you know that Canada has the most lakes of any country in the world? Two million of them)   It was a nice little jaunt and we went through areas that I hadn't seen in a long time.
A nice cup of tea is always enjoyed when we get home from anywhere.    I drank mine while catching up on my emails.  I had one from a lady who wants me to make some masks for her grandchildren.  I am particularly pleased to get orders for little ones and try to do a little extra to make them special.  Girls may get some lace or fancy buttons, for the boys I try to find fabric that reflects their hobbies or other things they like.
I picked some of our huskap (honeyberries) after supper.  We haven't got very many yet as this is the first year for fruit.  They are really had to find as they are under the leaves and a dark blue.  I probably won't get enough to use for jam this year but will add what I do get to other fruit.
When the post office get caught up on their mail delivery a bit more, I am going to have a bit of a contest with a pack of 2 1/2 squares  as one of the prizes.  Thanks for being a faithful reader.  I do appreciate you.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment