Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Back to Normal

September has to be my favourite month.  It is, for me, the time when everything returns to normal.  That might be a strange thing for a person who is retired to say but it is true for me.  When the Labour Day weekend is over our summer residents abandon their cottages, noisy boats, atvs and fireworks and return to their permanent home.  We are now able to go to the grocery store and coffee shop without a line up.  It is nice to have these folk here to add some excitement (and dollars) to the community but it is rather like having the grandchildren for a weekend-you love them but it is nice to get back to a quiet home.
With the passing of the weekend,  the fall fair is over and I can mark that off the calendar.  I didn't do as well this year.  I usually get only a couple second prizes with all others being first.  I did get a few red ribbons but not nearly as many as in previous years.  Of course, it is my fault.  I left everything to the last minute and the articles were not as well prepared as they could have been.  Even my dressed doll which did get a first, wasn't up to my usual standard.
I have now written  a note on my calendar at the beginning of August 2020to remind myself to  start deciding what I am going to submit and get those articles together.  I am making a list now of the categories in which I usually enter and am going to start on some of them now.
The passing of August and the changing leaves remind me that Christmas isn't far away.  I have almost finished one customer quilt and have the other top about half done.  My customers are giving them as gifts so I need to get them finished in good time.
Of course, September is back to school time with all the tears and excitement that brings.  Our grandson was feeling a bit nervous this year as he is going to a different school.  We Skyped with them this evening and he and his sister both had a great day.
So, here we are at the beginning of another month with another season just around the corner.  Take time to enjoy something about each day and focus on one thing for which you are thankful. You will find your day will be filled with
Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment