Monday, September 9, 2019

A New Old Machine

Our trees are slowly changing colour as one of my favourite seasons is sending out a gentle reminder that it is on its way. We had about a week of coolish weather-enough to light the wood stove one evening.  Once it starts to cool down I start my jam and preserve making.  On Saturday I did a couple lots of freezer jam.  I have a friend bringing a bushel of peaches back from Welland and they will be canned.  I will probably also do some peach jam. Autumn is a busy time but I enjoy it.
I am still puttering away at my dinosaur quilt.  Just two more sides for the last border and then I can get it on the frame.  I am not sure how I will quilt it yet but as it is for a young boy, it will be sturdy rather than fancy.
Today I acquired something I have been wanting for quite a while.  A friend gave me her mother's old Singer Manufacturing Company machine.  It is going to be needing quite a bit of work before I will be able to use it

The serial number is easy to read so I will be checking on line to see what info I can get regarding manual and parts.  It is going to need a good oiling and cleaning first.  I will keep you posted on its restoration.
Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. What a special gift!! I can't wait until you can sew on her!!! I certainly am willing to wait for winter, be we had snow on the mountains west of us today!! Brrrr!!!

    ReplyDelete