Tuesday, September 10, 2019

1908 Sphinx

After spending an hour or so doing some research, I have found that I own a 1908 Singer Sphinx 127.  Now I have established that, I can get some parts. That research will have to wait as I am getting some quilting done.  I finished the dinosaur top and have started on a charity quilt that has been waiting on the frame for a while.
A friend brought me a 6 4 quart baskets of peaches today and I have got one processed and in the fridge.  I peeled them, made a light syrup and then scooped into freezer bags.  I haven't decided whether I am going to make jam with any.
A lady in the Burk's Falls Art and Crafts Club passed on a chili sauce recipe that uses peaches so might try that for something different.
I have a meeting in the morning and evening and grocery shopping in the afternoon so not sure if I will get much done tomorrow. A device I ordered on line arrived today and I am hoping to try it out this week.  You are supposed to be able to bind a quilt with it.  I will let you know how it works out.
Tomorrow is, of course, Sept. 11.  I don't think anyone who was alive on that dreadful day will every forget it. Like the assassination of John Kennedy, we all remember exactly where we were and what we were doing.
Blessing,

No comments:

Post a Comment