Friday, August 18, 2017

Banner

I just finished another quilt.  It is from a pattern by Faith and Fabric although I changed it a bit.     the original had a pieced border and square bottom.  It was easier to make that it first appeared and went together really quick once the background was done.  I made this for our little country church.
The first photo shows the whole banner and the second is a close up so you can see the quilting on the border.  It was all done on my domestic machine and I used a template for the border quilting.
I think I need to load an unfinished top onto my frame and get one of them done.  I am pretty much caught up with all my work so can spend a bit of time having fun.
I hope you have a good weekend.  Lots of thing happening in the nearby village tomorrow.  There is a community yard sale as well as a Country Jamboree at the fair grounds.  The weather doesn't look to be the best but it won't stop everyone from getting outside and enjoying themselves.
I forgot to mention yesterday that if  you are looking for any of the Island Batik fabrics that I use in my quilts there are two stores in the Muskoka, Orillia area.  One is called Muskoka Quilting and is in Bracebridge and the other is Thimbles and Things.  It is located just outside of Orillia in Severn.  If you own a quilt store or business, Northcott also carries the fabric.  If you are in Canada and sell Island Batik, please let me know and I will add your store to my promo list.
Blessings,
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Very nice Anna, I'm sure the church will be very happy to display it.

    ReplyDelete