Friday, January 13, 2017

What is It?

What do you do with a wall full of left over blocks?  There are 24 of these orphan blocks of various sizes some of which have been sitting around for years.  I have others but these are the ones I am most likely to use.  I am going to put borders on the smaller ones to make them all a consistent size and then decide where to go from there.  I want to use them to make a queen size top so will probably alternate with some plain squares.  I am sure I will have to make a few more blocks but if I get this lot used up, I will feel I have accomplished something.

Here is a sneak peak at part of my New Beginnings blog hop quilt. Can you guess what is on top of the log cabin block? I will be posting it on Tuesday along with links to the other blog hoppers many of whom are having draws.  This is the last Island Batik project for this session and the company is also having a draw for some of their beautiful fabric.
It has been quite cold today but the sun was shining.  Heidi and I bundled up and went for a quick, brisk walk in the afternoon. Emphasis on the 'quick'.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment