Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Backs Can Be a Pain.

I have spent today getting caught up with my writing schedule and have everything done but one report.  It isn't needed until the end of the month but I will be able to send it tomorrow and then I can get at my quilting again.
As much as I enjoyed our snow shoe outing on Friday, it didn't like me.  Pushing and pulling through the ice crust hurt my back and I spent most of 4 days in bed.  I couldn't sit very long and you can't do everything standing up.  Even eating was a problem although I could manage that in my living room chair as long as I didn't take to long.  I went to quilting Monday afternoon which was a mistake because the road was covered in ice ruts.  My car bounced and slid all the way to the village and by the time I got there I was in a great deal of pain.  I stayed long enough to recover, came home and went back to bed.  Hubby made a chiropractor appointment for me for the next day.
It was wonderful waking up this morning after a good night's sleep, pain free and able to sit at the table to eat breakfast.  I am trying to be really careful until my back has a chance to settle down.  Sciatic pain is a real pain.
I hope you are still reading the blog hop posts.  Remember to read all the way to the bottom so you can enter any draws that are being held.  Maria is offering a free subscription to The Quilt Pattern Magazine.  If you missed my post, it was on Jan. 17th and it lists the blogs at the end.  Good luck,
blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment