Wednesday, February 28, 2024

In Praise of the Internet.

It has been an interesting day.  It was raining this morning which changed to freezing rain and now it is snowing.  I imagine the driving conditions are really bad.  Hubby and I don't need to go out except to feed the chickens so we are warm and snug with the wood stove giving off a nice glow and warmth.  

I am making more progress in learning how to use a pantograph for quilting.  I am getting more control in following the line although there is still some shakiness.  My biggest problem has always been getting the next row lined up properly.  I figured out the principal but was still having a problem.  I got my husband to come and show me (no, he doesn't quilt).  I think I may understand it now.  I seem to have a spatial problem which prevents me from figuring out whether I start at the top or bottom of the pattern.  

One of the things I like about quilting is that there is always something to know and plenty of people  to help.  My younger sister has recently taken up sewing again and needed my help on a stitch she wanted to do.  Fortunately we both have the same machine make so it was an easy solution.  Sometimes, you know what to do but need a little of feedback to make sure you were on the right track.  I was so pleased to be able to assure her she was doing the right thing and, once again so thankful for the internet.

I am 'meeting' my latest customer on line later to talk over fabric placement.  Again, thank you, internet.  I know there are people using this medium for dreadful reasons and not enough is being done to protect the vulnerable but I find it is one of the more valuable tools I have.

Do you have a favourite quilting site?  Mine is run by Connie Kreskin.  She has a ton of free patterns as well as those you can buy.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment