Thursday, February 15, 2024

Another Order

We have a weather warning in our area for a heavy snowfall.  Hubby had to go into the village for a bit but I am staying snug indoors except for my walk this afternoon if I can see the road.

I have a new customer and she has ordered a crib quilt which will be different than any I have done previously.  It will be in greys with some muted yellow which isn't the usual baby colours.  The back, however, will be a nice bright yellow in minky fabric.  Because this isn't a traditional crib quilt, the child will be able to use it for many years as a lap quilt.  I think I will suggest this idea to future customers. This lady is also a quilter and, although she says she is a novice, is an accomplished one.  

My previous customer picked up the pillow covers which were the last of her order.  I am now making 14 scarves for the local Scout troupe and trying to get at the quilt which is on my frame.  That will be donated to a animal shelter in our area.  There is always lots of needs for quilts, isn't there?  I have a friend that gives away nearly all the quilts she makes and keeps a list of organizations that can use them.  I think I will do the same.


Our dratted little dog got into the cat food again despite our precautions.  I have now put the cat dish on the guest bed which is rather high so Heidi can't jump up on it.  Ally cat doesn't care where she eats.

Stay safe today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment