Thursday, February 8, 2024

If it Rains, I Quilt.

 Our weather continues to be warmer than normal.  While it is nice for being outdoors, I am concerned about the lack of moisture for farmers and the forests.  I completed a crib quilt and delivered it to it's owner (sorry no photo) and yesterday got the last of the pillow covers done. Another quilt top is on the machine and I am completing a table mat set that I started ages ago.  I can't find the pattern so am using the finished mats as a guide.  Fortunately, I have the fabric pieces already cut out.

The quilt top and placemats are my projects for today.  In the meantime, I have a large pot of chili beans cooking and then will make chili.  The dog is sleeping by my feet and the cat is on my quilt chest where she can see outdoors.  A bucolic scene.  I was a bit concerned about Allie wanting to jump onto the long arm to sleep on the quilt but she isn't showing any inclination to do that.  I would have to break her of the habit if she starts.  I would never be able to get all the kitty hair from the quilt.

What are you working on?  Do you find it easier to quilt when the weather is warmer or does the cold keep you indoors and sewing?  The weather doesn't make a great deal of difference to me although I do appreciate a day of rain in the summer as I am more likely to sew then.

These photos aren't very clear but hopefully you can see the pillow covers. I have left the buttons and pocket on the check one, the other two are the front of a couple of t shirts.  I have used zipper, button and velcro closures.



Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment