Thursday, February 22, 2024

Snow Day

 This has been an odd week.  We has so much snow on the weekend that church was cancelled-no one could get out.  After an accumulation of about 18 inches, the temperatures warmed up and now the snow is melting again.  We cancelled our quilt group meeting on Monday as well for the same reason.  Our driveway hadn't been plowed and, although I could get out, the chances were good that I wouldn't be able to get back up the hill to the house.

I took advantage of the extra home time to bake, do some extra house work and catch up on my quilting.  While doing all that, we heard the sound of machinery coming up the driveway and figured it was our plow guy.  Nope.  It was our friend with his little John Deere tractor with a snow blower on the front.  He did the driveway, a path to the chicken coop and took a shovel to the front steps.  What a blessing.  I was glad I had some fresh cookies to give him.

I took more to his wife went I walked over to pick up my parcel from Amazon.  As the driver couldn't get up our driveway, I sent him there.  An adventurous day.

I have finished the scout neck scarves and am now focusing on the quilt on my frame.  I am still having trouble with using a panto but am determined to learn.

Blessings,


No comments:

Post a Comment