Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Another Memory Quilt

 We have been (impatiently) waiting for more eggs to hatch.  Momma hen is still sitting on the nest with every indication of staying there as long as is needed.  The little one that was born a few days ago is growing and doing well.  It is amazing that a chick just out of the egg can start eating on its own.  A good arrangement because I can't imagine even the most devoted of mother would want to have that little beak latched on to them.

We are getting a wonderful array of birds in our feeders.  There are, at least, a half dozen purple finches as well as some yellow ones.  They are joined by woodpeckers, chickadees and sparrows.  We also have an aggressive squirrel trying to get its share of the seeds.  Hubby has gone shopping this morning and I have asked him to pick up a Super Soaker to see if we can discourage, without harming all future squirrels.  They can have the seeds that are on the ground.

Two bags of men's shirts were delivered on the weekend that will be used to make memory quilts for a couple of little ones who lost their grandfather way too soon.  I always consider making this type of quilt to be a privilege.  I am going to take all the shirts when I get together with some of my quilting friends tomorrow and they can help me remove the backs.

blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment