Thursday, April 20, 2023

We Have a Fluffy Addition

We have had exciting news this morning.  Every since we started raising chickens, we have been trying to get a hen to hatch some chicks.  Despite all our efforts, nothing happened until recently.  When a hen is brooding, she makes a soft cooing sound.  We had one of the Black Copper Maran's start to give every indication that she wanted to be a momma.  When hubby went out to tend the flock today, he heard a peeping sound and saw a tiny ball of feathered fluff peeking out from under her momma. These are beautiful birds that lay a dark chocolate coloured egg so we are delighted to have another generation. Chicks that are raised by their mothers become brooders which is another reason why we are so pleased.

I had my eyes tested for cataract surgery yesterday.  A long day and stressful day.  The stress came from being in a room full of people and all the noise that comes with it as staff is ushering each one to the various places they need be.  I was in and out within the time given, have my next appointment scheduled and my surgery so it was a good day if tiring. I am thankful, once again, for my dear friend and neighbour who looked in on Heidi for us.


I took Heidi for a walk this morning and now am planning on getting a lot of quilting done.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment