Tuesday, April 4, 2023

A Wonderful Neighbour.

 A wonderful phone call this morning.  We were just having breakfast when the phone rang-much earlier than normal.  Call display showed it was from our neighbour across the road. I was hoping everything was okay as I answered, and then she asked me if Heidi was outside barking.  I said yes and I was just about to get her in.  The neighbour was concerned (bless her wonderful kind heart) that I had fallen and Heidi was trying to get someone's attention as she doesn't usually hear her barking.  After thanking her profusely, I hung up and called in the dog.  The funny thing is that Heidi always barks firs thing in the morning and we are always telling her to be quiet as I find it annoying and, more importantly, I don't want her to bother the neighbours. It is nice to know that someone was concerned.

Last week, a friend came over and we made a pile of peach marmalade.  It turned out really well so we now have lots to eat and something to give as gives.  We had so much fun that we are going to do it again with baking as well as other preserves.  My kind neighbour came over to help as well and my kitchen counter has never been cleaner.  She really is a lovely woman.

Years ago, I used to get together with another friend to make pickles but haven't done that in a long time.  It is a fun way to achieve a lot.  

Hubby is busy making maple syrup-just gathering at the moment.  He will cook next week when our young grandson comes for a week from northern Alberta.  It will be his first trip here and we are looking forward to spoiling him.

Blessings,


                                               Heidi barking in a snow storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment