Wednesday, March 22, 2023

First Quilt Show of the Season

 Good news!  Heidi is recovering some of her hearing.  It seems to be mostly on her right side but any improvement is welcome.  She is starting to show other signs of aging, however, as she doesn't seem to have full control of her bladder anymore.  All these things are minor compared to no longer having her in our life.  We know that that day is getting closer but each day that we continue to have her with us is a blessing.

We aren't getting many signs of spring here but the first quilt show in the area has been announced and the Burk's Falls Village Quilter's is planning to carpool and attend.  When you live in a rural area there aren't a lot of events that are close enough to go to.  When I lived in Edmonton, I went to the Shop Hop every year.  On the Friday I went to the participating shops in the city and on Saturday we went to all the rural ones.  I think the furthest away was about an hour and a half.  It was a full day shopping but as it was all quilt focused no one complained.  My quilt group and I would sometimes hire a large passenger van and we would all travel together.  It was such fun.  I do miss being able to do that but not enough to leave my country home.

This weekend our closest quilt store is holding a quilting garage sale which sounds like a lot of fun.  Another lady and I are planning on going.  I don't think I need anything but you never know when something might insist on being taken home.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment