Friday, February 17, 2023

Sun Screen.

I  have used my dish mat for the first time and it did the job it was designed to do perfectly.  I thought I had made it to big (16X 16) but it turned out to be just right.  I still haven't found the right spot to store it so right now it is above the fridge and, when it is wet, I drape it on the kitchen counter.

I have a row and a half to do on the customer quilt and then another one will be finished.  This one took longer to do as I am using a ruler to do stitch in the ditch.  I have never done a complete quilt top with the ruler before so am getting a lot of practice.  The further I get along, the quicker it goes.  I think I am now ready to incorporate curves and other designs.

Hubby is not feeling well.  He has a phlegmy cough but no temperature or aches so possibly allergy related.  I will keep him dosed up with hot lemon drinks and vitamin C!

Speaking of health issues: I got the result of the dermatologists appointment to find out why my arms are so itchy.  Apparently, it is due to sun damage.  I always wear a sun hat when out but don't worry much about my arms-not sure why.  As a red head, I am susceptible to sun burn and I have had a number of them when I was younger.  Even had sun stroke once.  And as a professional driver, my arm was always in the sunlight.  I am thankful it isn't anything more serious.  I have a topical cream to use so am hopeful that it will help.

I will be more diligent with the sun screen this summer.

blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment