Thursday, February 9, 2023

Rural Excitement.

 Thank you, Karen, for your comment.  It is nice to know I am not alone with cloudy brain issues.

Those living in urban areas might be prone to believe that nothing happens in the country.  In many respects they would be right.  Our weekly newspaper consists of only a few pages because, other than local events such as a story on a new business or someone's 100th birthday, there isn't much in the way of news.  Once in a while, however, we do rate large black front page headlines.  We had a young lad drown a few years ago, and, more recently, a woman who was shot and killed and a drug bust that included gun possession.  

Today when hubby and I were going into the village, we noticed a number of cruisers sitting at the landfill site.  There were still there when we came back but it did appear that people were being allowed to drop off the garbage.  Being the nosy sort that I am, I contacted our local paper and told them what I saw.  Their website just posted the story and, from what I gather by reading between the lines, there is something happening at a residence on the same road.  Another drug bust?  Probably.  I am sure there will be more news later.  I bet I hear what happened from a friend before it is in the newspaper.

I am glad it wasn't a case of someone from a larger community who dumped something illegally.  I am afraid my creative mind gets overactive at times.

I finished a travel bag I was making for a family member and got it sent off.  Here are a couple of photos.  There are 3 sections, each zippered.  The middle section is wider for things such as glasses or a wallet.


I made it according to the family members needs so there was quite a bit of trial and error.  I think it has turned out alright though.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment