Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Dish Mats

My appliances have all gone on strike at the same time.  We bought a new washer about a month ago and then the microwave door came apart.  Since then my Kitchen Aid food processor and Magic Bullet grinder have both quit working.  I am going to whisper this just in case but, so far, all my sewing machines are working.
This is the first day since Christmas that I have been able spend completely in my studio.  I have finished a dish mat and almost completed the quilt that is on the frame.
Apparently dish mats have been around for a while but we have just discovered them at our quilt group.  Most of us, of course, have dishwashers, but there is always items that have to be washed by hand.  I have a dish rack but it always tips over so the mat will be easier.  I just have to find somewhere to put it.



It is a grey and rainy day and as the temperatures drop, it is going to get very slippery.  Hubby and I both have medical appointments in the village tomorrow so we are hoping we are able to get out.
I have mentioned that we got a little tabby in October.  She is adjusting to a life indoors and having her own bed, dishes, regular feeding time and lots of love.  Her little claws have been sticking on pile surfaces lately so I got myself mentally ready to trim them.  Our Heidi dog hates her feet being touched and I am of the belief that cats felt the same.  Yesterday, got the clippers ready, put Ally on my lap and took one of her front paws.  The nails on that foot where clipped without any argument from kitty so today I will do the other ones.  I have always believed that rescue animals are a lot easier to look after.  Ally has further convinced me of that.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment