Thursday, November 3, 2022

Too Warm for Winter

 Another week almost over and I still have a list of things I planned to do at the beginning of the week.  That is life, isn't it?  To look on the positive side, (there always is one!), I finished the charity quilt, and it will be on its way to its new owner on the weekend.  The Christmas wall hanging only needs the sleeve and I have made good headway on the quilt that is on the frame.  It took me the longest time to try and decide what pattern to do before I just started quilting.  The top really did tell me what it wanted so an ivy vine it is.

We had a wonderful day at quilt group on Monday.  One of our members demoed a new scrappy block that she found on you tube.  I am attaching the link as I think some (all?) of you might like to make it.

Our pet family is still trying to work out their differences.  I haven't got Ally to the vet for her check over yet and that is the top of my list.

It is staying unusually warm here.  It is supposed to go up to 20c by the weekend.  I am going to have to dig out a couple of tee shirts to wear. I hope it changes back to normal soon as there needs to be a little snow on the ground to get people in the shopping mood.  I have a craft show on the 19th, so I am being selfish, I suppose.

For those of you who live in year-round sunshine and warmth, what gets you in the Christmas spirit?  I can never quite imagine how people in Australia for example can look forward to going to the beach on Christmas day.

Having said all that, I am quite adamant that I don't do anything Christmassy until after Remembrance Day on Nov. 11.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment