Thursday, October 27, 2022

Always a Glitch

 I have got a lot of quilting done this week plus the regular stuff. However, there is always a glitch somewhere.   I wanted to get the binding done on two quilts and was doing well until I ran out of bobbin thread.  When I installed the new one, the thread tangled when I started sewing.  I took all the bobbin area apart, cleaned it and, made sure everything was threaded right.  Tried again.  Same result.  Changed bobbins. Same result.  Gave up and changed machines.

I can see what is going wrong but am not sure how to fix it.  I have another machine of the same make so will trying to exchange the part where the bobbin sits and see if that makes a difference.  For now, though, I am going to finish that binding.


This one is going to a senior's home so I did a self-binding which will help make it will be nice and sturdy.  This pattern is my own design.

This wall hanging is for a craft sale.  I am working on the hand binding now.

Our new cat, Ally is still spending the majority of her day sleeping on the spare room bed.  She hasn't warmed up to Heidi yet either much to my little dog disappointment.  Heidi is beginning to slow down a lot as to be expected from a 14 year plus dog so, although it may be some time yet, I am trying to prepare myself for the inevitable.  I really don't know how you do that, but I do know I have many good friends who will help.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment